Week 7 Reflection: Internet Privacy
After reading the articles in regards to internet and media, it doesn’t hurt to be extra cautious and concerned for our privacy. Yes, I do worry about my privacy on the internet. One of my biggest fear is internet fraud. I’ve taken action to protect myself online by using anti-virus solutions to protect my privacy. For example, by using safe passwords, regularly deleting browsing history and upgrading of anti-virus software. I’m also worried about who’s watching online.
Two Internet privacy practices or behaviors I would recommend a teacher or faculty member adopt are:
1) Don’t Search for yourself online, or use real name online, or social security number or anything of that nature, and clear your usage tracks each time you start or finish using an account.
2) Do not click ads. By clicking an ad, you are generating one more data point about yourself. Furthermore, you are inviting any executable code hidden in the ad to run. This is a common way to install malicious software on your computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment